Monday, December 28, 2015

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Blog 12-28-15

I'm as famous in Korea as Dennis Rodman!  Stick THAT in your hat and smoke it!

An unusual Twitter conversation (for me anyhoo) began this week as a user named Ryan Estrada @ryanestrada posted to a fellow blogger and associate of mine Bubba Shelby @BubbaShelby and left him this message...



Trying to solve the mystery of why this personal commission has mass-produced merch in Korea. Thoughts?

This is a pinback button made from a drawing I did for ol' Bubba wayyyyyy back in June of 2012! Bubba has a blog called "Toyriffic" (check it here) and a running theme for him has been a thing called "Harley Qwednesday", and he had asked me to contribute to that fine idea. Here's the original pic.


AND a link to his original post here.

Seems some outfit called "Artbox" an actual reputable dealer and not one prone to swiping images, is selling these out of one of their stores in Korea and POSSIBLY globally.


Now I'm not all in a tizzy over stolen artwork or anything, in the digital age and a good quality original on a website, it's dang near impossible to police such a thing. My question is, why?!

Here's an image by an unknown cartoonist with the main image being him/me, between a long forgotten golden age character and a certainly much more recognizable in today's eyes character, making an inside joke understood mainly only by the 2 bloggers the cartoon was exchanged between.

What is the thought behind the marketability to this??

We may never know.

Maybe the cartoon of me looks like the Korean version of Mr. Sparkle. :)

Talk to you soon.

1 comment:

  1. Why? Why? You dope. I'll say it again. Your stuff is real good!

    ReplyDelete