Tuesday, February 2, 2016

It's Our Nature! - 2-2-16 Aesop's Fables

Cartoon characters have long been cute cuddly animals.  Bugs Bunny, Porky Pig, Mickey Mouse and so on, but have you ever seen one that's a scorpion?  No?  Do you know why?  'Cause even with a cartoonists help, scorpions aren't cute.  It's in their nature.

"The Scorpion and the Frog"


One day a Frog and a Scorpion meet at the bank of a stream that they both wished to cross.  The Scorpion asked the Frog if he would carry him across.  The Frog asked, "How do I know that if I do, you won't sting and kill me?".  The Scorpion replied, "Because if I do, I will drown and die, too.".  So the Frog allowed the Scorpion on his back and commenced easily crossing the stream, when suddenly the Scorpion brought down his stinger.  While the both fell into the water to certain death, the Frog had time to ask, "Why did you kill me???".  The drowning Scorpion simply said, "I'm a Scorpion.  It's what I do."

MORAL:

"Self Destruction -'It's In My Nature.', said the Scorpion"

And as if a scorpion weren't an odd enough thing to try and cartoon, when's the last time you saw a cartoon amaranth?  This may be a first.

"The Rose and the Amaranth"


Once in a garden a Rose and an Amaranth blossomed said by side.  "I'm jealous of your beauty and sweet smell." said the Amaranth, "It's no wonder you are loved by everyone.".  The Rose replied, "Your envy is misplaced, friend.  My beauty is only for a short time and eventually my petals whither and fall and I die.  You/re flowers NEVER fade though, even if they are cut your beauty lasts and lasts.".  

MORAL:

"Greatness Carries It's Own Penalties"

Pretty insightful rose.

Talk to you soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment