Friday, May 13, 2016

Meeting Missoula @ Open Mic - 5-13-16 - Michael the Left Handed Hippie

YIPES!

I missed my favorite 2 open mic nights this week!

Monday at The Imagine Nation Brewing Co. was pre-empted for a bands CD release party, to that was out and then I missed Wednesdays at The Starving Artist Cafe because (not blaming this guy, I am a fan) Bernie Sanders blew into town for a rally about 100 yards from where I work, so I took the bus and couldn't make it to the cafe on time.

Luckily, I've met lots of cool people at these and have plenty of blog fodder even if I miss one.

This is Michael.


Michael was one of the first people I met at my first outing at The Eagles Aerie (1st and 3rd Thursdays of the month, if you're keeping track at home) and he's always been a happy friendly guy.  Writes all of his own stuff from passionate love songs where he sings "Your love is like a canyon" to the one about that "Mother fucking dog" that bit his finger that one time.  I see him most often at Imagine Nation lately though.  Always good to see him.

He has that unsettling habit of playing left handed.  I guess he can't help it.  ;)

Sometimes wearing his hair in a "man-bun" or "top-knot" I like him anyway.  

Talk to you soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment