Tuesday, May 24, 2016

Squirrels on Mars - 5-24-16 - Meeting Missoula @ Open Mic

I met a couple of new guys on the old open ic circuit here in my new hometown of Missoula.  A couple of guys in their early 20's, Sean and Colby.  They play as a band called
Squirrels on Mars.  Their FaceBook page describes them as just a couple of sensitive guys who like Faith Hill.

That's a really horrible likeness of Sean, but DAMN did I nail Colby.

Sean plays guitar and sings and Colby plays drums and harmonizes.  At open mics Colby usually plays bass (easier to tote around) and they sound great.  I got to see them at the Imagine Nation Brewing Co. where they keep a drum kit set up and got to hear them in full gear.

A couple of really nice guys who have some really great songs.  Stuff like the one about "life going on and on...and on and on and on...and on and on" and my favorite sing along of theirs "I Like Being Unemployed".

Solid stuff.

This is a really talented town that seems to attract even more talent.

Talk to you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment